Are you a crochet enthusiast looking to add a touch of charm to your creations? In this tutorial, I will guide you through creating a small and beginner-friendly crochet flower. Let’s get started on this blooming adventure!
Small crochet flower pattern
- Yarn (you can use any type of yarn depending on the result you want to achieve)
- Crochet hook in according size
- Darning needle to hide yarn tail
Pattern (US Terms)
1. Make a magic ring and chain 2. (counts as 1st double crochet)
2. Work 9 double crochets into the magic ring. Slip stitch into the top ch2 crochet to join.
3. Chain 1, then work a single crochet into the same stitch as the join. *Chain 4, skip the next stitch, then work a single crochet in the next stitch. Repeat from * 3 more times, Ch 4 and slip stitch into the first single crochet to join.
4. For the petals, *chain 4, work a double crochet, a treble crochet, another double crochet, and a single crochet, all in the next chain-4 space. Repeat from * 4 more times. Slip stitch into the first chain-4 space to join.
Tighten the magic circle. Fasten off and weave in the ends.
You can make this flower in any color you like, and you can also experiment with different yarn to achieve different textures and effects. Enjoy your beautiful crochet flower!
Magic circle, Chain 2, 9 more double crochet in the magic ring, slip stitch to join in the round.
Single crochet and chain 4. After that round nr. 4 with petals.
Where to use a crochet flower?
There are plenty of possibilities! I made trendy summer accessory – Barefoot sandals with flower embellishment. Also, in that tutorial, you can learn how to make another crochet flower.
Clothing accessories: Add charm to hats, headbands, scarves, or gloves.
Jewelry: Create unique earrings, necklaces, bracelets, or brooches.
Home decor: Decorate pillows, blankets, curtains, or lampshades.
Gift embellishments: Enhance gift wrap, bags, or greeting cards.
Hair accessories: Make lovely clips, pins, or bands.
Wedding decor: Embellish invitations, place cards, centerpieces, or bouquets.
Party decorations: Decorate favors, cupcake toppers, or create garlands.
Baby items: Personalize blankets, onesies, or headbands.
Enhancing crochet or knit projects: Decorate larger items like blankets or sweaters.
These are just a few suggestions, but the possibilities are endless. Get creative and have fun experimenting with different ways to use small crochet flowers!